As the June issue of Homes & Antiques contains instructions on how to make a lovely summer quilt, I thought I might want to make a quilt for the bench. Not that I've got time to make a quilt right now, mind you. But then I don't have time for tea parties either, so there. We're talking about future possibilities here! Still, I don't have a sewing machine, which would turn quilting into a really time-consuming affair even if I would use large squares.
Then I leaved through the current Ikea catalogue and spotted the pretty, pretty, oh-so-pretty Alvine bedlinen. Hmmm, I thought. How about I stuff the batting into a duvet cover, tie it in place and sew the whole thing shut?
Sounds good, eh?
But THEN I had an even better idea for I stumbled across the very, very, very cheap, very, very thin duvet in the Ikea catalogue. Very, very, very cheap duvet + lovely (and cheap) bedlinen = fantabulous cover for bench on the porch of the garden shed. Pair it off with cheap white tablecloth and pretty china, and you've set the stage for a summer tea party.
2 comments:
Just make sure you tuft the duvet into the linen at some point, otherwise it'll shift and bunch and be generally awkward. :)
Oh, I love those viney patterns! I have some Ikea throw pillows that are similar, but those are even prettier. Must. Shop. --willaful
Post a Comment