- Checked weather report for Freiburg
- Said "Waaaaargh! What do you mean, rain on Thursday?!?!?!?"
- Made sure my shoes (for walking around) are waterproof
- Worried about my conference shoes (What if I get wet feet?)
- Loaded the mini-Kindle.
- Wondered whether four full-length mysteries plus all Mapp & Lucia novels will suffice. (I will come back home on Saturday.)
- Just to be on the safe side, I also copied Howard's The Complete Mackenzie Collection and a few Suzanne Brockmann books onto the Mini-Kindle. (Just in case I'm in the mood for a nice romance novel.) (Or in case all the books I just bought turn out to be horrid.)
- Packed conference notebook and writing notebook.
- Packed sketchbook and watercolors.
- Agonized over which suitcase / bag to take.
- Packed suitcase
- Panicked some more.
- Finished paper
- More panic (Waaaargh! It's already 11:30 p.m.!!!!)
- Put together some kind of PowerPoint presentation.
- Went to bed.
- Couldn't sleep.
Wednesday, May 08, 2013
Off to Freiburg
I'm off to Freiburg for a short academic conference on book history and print culture. Yesterday was one of those typical (typical for me, that is) pre-conference days: