Wednesday, May 08, 2013

Off to Freiburg

I'm off to Freiburg for a short academic conference on book history and print culture. Yesterday was one of those typical (typical for me, that is) pre-conference days:

  • Checked weather report for Freiburg
  • Said "Waaaaargh! What do you mean, rain on Thursday?!?!?!?"
  • Panicked.
  • Made sure my shoes (for walking around) are waterproof
  • Worried  about my conference shoes (What if I get wet feet?)
  • Loaded the mini-Kindle.
  • Wondered whether four full-length mysteries plus all Mapp & Lucia novels will suffice. (I will come back home on Saturday.)
  • Just to be on the safe side, I also copied Howard's The Complete Mackenzie Collection and a few Suzanne Brockmann books onto the Mini-Kindle. (Just in case I'm in the mood for a nice romance novel.) (Or in case all the books I just bought turn out to be horrid.) 
  • Packed conference notebook and writing notebook.
  • Packed sketchbook and watercolors.
  • Agonized over which suitcase / bag to take.
  • Panicked.
  • Packed suitcase
  • Panicked some more.
  • Finished paper
  • More panic (Waaaargh! It's already 11:30 p.m.!!!!)
  • Put together some kind of PowerPoint presentation.
  • Went to bed.
  • Couldn't sleep.
:-)

1 comment:

azteclady said...

Why, you sound positively normal






(me, to a t)